Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Would you like to be part of a team delivering successful projects to our customers?
Would you like to provide support and guidance to cross-functional teams?
Be part of a successful team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Partner with the best
You will own the project control activity globally and drive consistent functional specifications and common global processes for projects implementation. You will be part of the assigned team assisting the Project Manager, Engineers and Engineering Technicians. You will work under direct supervision, liaising with various departments to ensure projects are executed in line with schedule, budget and quality standards.
As a Project Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Managers, working within project teams.
- Supporting the Project team in preparing BOM's within the Team Centre (PLM) system.
- Assisting with the generation and approvals of project documentation up to the level as directed by Approvals matrix.
- Interfacing with Senior/Lead Engineers and/or Engineers to assist with technical queries from the client or his nominated representative, Vendors and SCM group.
- Coordinating Project related "fit-up tests", either within factory or at a Subcontractors facility.
- Liaising with Manufacturing Supervision in relation to Project specific equipment and /or activities.
- Generating load-out parts list as detailed in the load-out procedure. Leading crate sizing and ordering loose items for client delivery. Supporting other teams for shipping manifests and packaging documentation.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have ONC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent as a minimum
- Have proven Track Record in an Engineering environment.
- Have previous exposure to clients and/or subcontractors (advantageous but not essential).
- Have the ability to take part in several projects simultaneously.
- Have effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Have proven analytical and organizational ability.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.