Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking intermediate to senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineers to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of I&C engineering principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Engineers will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Work independently and guide less experienced team members
- Provide I&C input to process P&ID
- Prepare and review control deliverables such as Control Narrative, Cause and Effect diagram, Control system architecture, loop drawings
- Prepare and review instrument lists such as equipment list, IO list, I/O assignment, Instrument Index, Serial Interface list, cable list, etc.
- Prepare and Review Communication systems deliverables such as Network Diagrams and Specifications
- Squad check other discipline documents, such as SLDs, ISOs, etc.
- Provide input to mechanical packages
- Provide technical support in FAT
- Prepare and review Instrumentation Datasheets for ON/OFF valve, control valve, flowmeter, densitometers, transmitters, pressure safety valve, Motor operated valves, Hydraulic power units, etc.
- Perform Instrument sizing calculations
- Prepare and review RFQ, approving vendor document
- Review Instrument Location plan
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable client relationships
- Coordinate and work with project team members in Canada
- Prepares proposals, contract design drawings and calculations, contract information (CI) sheets, specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Prepares technical specifications for purchased equipment
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- Prepare technical evaluations of supplier's proposals
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Organize, plans, and coordinate own work
- Preparation of equipment specification and data sheets;
- Plan, manage and coordinate the I&C engineering activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or Masters of Science in Instrumentation and Controls Engineering
- 7 to 10 years of related engineering experience is required for this position
- Experience in Mineral Mining projects will be an advantage
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
- Hands on experience with Siemens PCS 7, Rockwell ControlLogix and Emerson Delta V Control
- Knowledge of IEC / GOST standards will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of PDMS, Bently open plant, Microstation V8 and other 3D software
- Applied knowledge (engineering, design and implementation) of Profinet, Profibus, and Industrial Ethernet networks
- This position is permanent and does not have relocation assistance or living allowances attached to it. You must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to work in Oakville at your own expense
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.