Denver, Colorado, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
We have an On Call opportunity with Wood's highly-regarded Hazard Mitigation and Emergency Management (HM & EM) program in our Denver office for a senior planner to support hazard mitigation, resiliency and emergency management services for federal, state, tribal and local governments and other clients. Will work remotely on an on-call/as needed basis.
- Working in a team environment, support the development and/or update of a variety of plans that may include:
- Hazard Mitigation Plans that meet Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (DMA 2000) standards.
- Emergency Operations Plans
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans
- Recovery Plans
- Resiliency Plans
- Evacuation Plans
- Emergency Action Plans
- Floodplain Management Plans
- Threat Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and Stakeholder Preparedness Reports
- Data collection, organization, analysis and documentation to support a variety of planning efforts.
- Assist with other emergency management projects and plans in preparedness, response and recovery that may include the development of standard operating procedures and related program assessments.
- Assist with a variety of emergency exercise design, facilitation and/or observation
- Provide other research and writing tasks as necessary to support a wide range of planning tasks and overall plan development
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Planning, GIS, Emergency Management, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science or related field. MS preferred.
- 15-30 years' + experience, or any equivalent education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and capable of independent work, but demonstrated ability to work on project teams.
- Strong writing and document skills a must; strong MS Office skills, particularly related to planning documents
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Experience developing or reviewing DMA 2000 hazard mitigation plans preferred.
- Knowledge of FEMA HMA grants and Benefit Cost Analysis a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: emergency operations plans, , recovery planning, climate change adaptation planning, resiliency planning, drought mitigation and response plans, Community Wildfire Protection Plans.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.