Skills: IT - Programming & Database, Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood PLC, Intelligent operations team is looking for an innovative and solutions-oriented Lead Engineer to join its Digital initiatives service line.
Our goal is "Transforming complex and dynamic data into actionable intelligence by combining domain knowledge with digital technologies". You will find a challenging and rewarding work environment with unlimited growth potential! This is a great opportunity for experienced engineers those looking to make a change in their careers with advancement opportunities and new exciting challenges. The candidate will work with data engineers, domain specialists and other engineers to provide the solutions to optimise design, increase production, improve safety, and enhance the cost-efficiency of production, inspection and maintenance operations. The candidate should also be capable of working effectively in a team and can articulate and communicate their insights to a non-technical audience.
We are seeking to recruit a Lead Engineer to an exciting and challenging new role, offering the opportunity to be part of a leading global organisation growing its commercial service offering. The candidate will play a key part in developing organisational capability and executing projects in new growth areas.
The candidate should demonstrate an ability to perform the regular tasks required of a lead engineer: the ability to understand business problem, identify the technical solutions to the problem and execute the project to the satisfaction of our clients. The candidate will have experience in the Nuclear industry which will help the company execute projects in this new growth area for the business. This is a significant opportunity to develop your career and thrive in a problem solving, solutions-focused environment, building new models and helping our global customers realise significant efficiency and value improvements.
- Execute projects in some key Digital Initiatives growth areas; VP Link, Nuclear, Machine Learning and Wood Insights Platform.
- Utilise in-house, external and open-source software to accurately represent a range of systems as required for project execution
- Take technical leadership of project execution to ensure projects executed to client satisfaction.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams across Wood's international engineering operations to deliver projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience in a Chemical Engineering or process engineering focused business
- Has detailed experience with multiple process simulation software
- Has established expertise in technical aspects of simulation project execution
- Has experience in project estimating, planning, and leadership aspects of project work
- Has experience in the Nuclear industry and understands the challenges faced in power production and waste reprocessing
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Working towards or being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution, such as IChemE
- Minimum BEng degree in Chemical Engineering
- Strong technical ability
- Potential visits to project sites, within or outside of UK, vendor shops and similar facilities
- Motivated for advancement and shows keen interest in expanding and improving their technical skills
- Excellent communication and team motivation skills
- Experience of presenting to large audiences
- Experience of working to and meeting deadlines
- Enhanced problem solving and ability to act diligently on behalf of all stakeholders
- Technical capability to code in Python
- Experience of using VP Link
- Knowledge of the Sellafield site and processes
- Experience working for a variety of different clients
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.