Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering to join our Forest Industries\Utilities business group located at our Vancouver, BC office.
At Wood, our people are what sets us apart, a global community of inquisitive minds. Each one committed to making a difference, to lifting each other up, to showing courage in the face of challenge. As part of Team Wood, you'll be inspired to power progress for our people, our business, and our planet.
Ready to take on challenging and diverse projects? Join us on our quest to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges ...
- Providing engineering design for Forest Industries projects domestically and internationally
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Participate in the development unique electrical engineering solutions for our clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate or Undergraduate in Electrical Engineering registered with EGBC as an EIT
- Develop creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions
- Genuine Electrical Engineering Interest and curiosity
- Willingness to travel to field locations on a short-term basis
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Previous experience with industrial electrical engineering and power systems is an asset.
- Exposure to Schematic and Wiring diagrams, cable schedules, equipment layouts, basic grounding and bonding design, MCC, VFD and MV Switchgear experience will be an asset.
- Excellent with English verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.