Software Engineer Location:
Montpellier, France About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Description:
The Schlumberger Wellbore Team develop state of the art software products for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, evaluation and production. In connection with other Schlumberger engineering centers around the globe (mainly with the ones in Norway, UK, US, India and China) our activities span from software engineering to customer support, from technical documentation to quality assurance.
We are delivering cloud-based solutions like OSDU Wellbore DMS, DELFI Wellbore Interpretation Services, DELFI Rapid Screening as well as desktop software products like Techlog, Studio and Drilling Interpretation.
The position offered is focused on Techlog related activities.
Techlog is a collaborative software allowing Integration of all wellbore-centric data types into multidiscipline workflows.
Techlog is the market leading Wellbore Solution and with its Open Architecture Framework (Ocean) offer rapid, customizable & integrated applications that help oil and gas scientists and engineers in their activities.
Techlog is the 2nd biggest Schlumberger Platform in terms of revenue and usage. It was started 20 years ago. Today it represents about 4.5 Million Line of code. It is mainly coded in C++ with the QT framework. Other languages are also used like (Python, .Net, Fortran).
We are looking for C++ developer for several missions on Techlog. The key ones being to ensure and maintain the software quality while integrating new user workflows and request from our clients. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and competencies:
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Help identify and organize requirements and produce user stories.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Evaluate alternative implementations and select the one that maximizes the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing; set up and run lab simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools.
- Provide timely corrective actions on assigned defects and issues.
- The candidate must be a C++ developer, having a strong auto test and Devops mindset.
- As part of the development journey he/she will have to work on the platform code and onboarded plugins ensuring the quality and performances of its deliverables.
- The candidate needs to be proficient in English in order to document and collaborate with other team members.
- The candidate needs to be able to quickly grasp the project context and have enough knowledge to become autonomous on his tasks quickly.
Nice to have:
- C++ 11 and 17
- QT (UI + Core)
- Git (Source control)
- AzureDevOps / VSTS (collaborative system)
- Google test framework
- Ux focus
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.