Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
At Wood, we are helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges across energy and the built environment. Join a global leader in consulting and engineering with a decades-long history in the Carolinas where you will collaborate on a wide range of projects supporting both government and industry clients. Join our team of innovative and passionate professionals where we embrace a culture of safety, inclusion, continuous improvement, and career growth.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Level Water Resources Engineer with 10 - 15 years of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling experience to join our Water Resources Engineering Team. The applicant will complete and/or assist with various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. These projects may include, but are not limited to, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses, dam inundation studies, storm water planning and design, water quality modelling and watershed master planning. Typical clients include FEMA, NCDOT, Duke Energy, CSX and various state and local governments.
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead a project team, ensuring that project deliverables are met, and ensuring schedule and budget expectations are adhered to
- Work on complex hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Develop engineering databases, reports, and work maps
- Assist with client and project development - track opportunities, identify client needs, assist with proposals and marketing materials where needed
- Develop strategic plan for engineering sales and services line expansion/diversification
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is required
- The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of H&H principles and practices, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, and GIS; 2D modelling experience a plus
- Familiarity with NCDOT projects preferred
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and capable of independent work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.