Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sweeny, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Truck Driver with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Skills / Qualifications
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Complete a daily vehicle inspection report that accurately depicts the condition of the vehicle.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Communicate necessary information to bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state and federal regulations.
- Obtain necessary block entry permits, as required by a client owned facility, prior to entering their properties and/or operational units.
- Maneuver trucks into fuel loading and equipment refueling positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle is properly positioned.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.