Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Planner to support our Darlington's office.
You will prepare, review and reporting of accurate project schedules and plans in support of the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle.
Accountable for the development of project schedules and plans, ensuring they are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy and accordance with contractual requirements and Wood policies, procedures, and standards.
- Acts as Planning focal point for specific project scopes
- Review and maintain planning control structures are developed and maintained in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Review and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Analyse and issue copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Analyse and issue copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Review and analyse updates to project plans and schedules
- Review and analyse updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and evaluate project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Lead and participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
- Play a key role in the mentoring and career development of Planning personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera and other scheduling software and related tools and techniques including Logic and CPM analysis, resource loading and levelling
- Advanced knowledge of Project Execution Procedures for Scheduling
- Advanced understanding of WBS & CBS structures and project reporting capabilities
- Advanced ability to develop project schedules and plans
- Advanced ability to prepare resource loading, progress and staffing plans
- Excellent understanding of earned value application, cost and schedule variance analyses/trending and what-if scenarios
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of Cost Management, Change Control, Planning & Risk Analysis &
- Significant prior experience in a senior planning role.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.