Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Leads the safe and successful delivery of their assigned project(s) as the job responsible person ensuring schedule, cost, quality and customer satisfaction aspects are well managed.
- Coordinates a series of engineering, procurement and construction readiness activities performed by the project team from one or more disciplines to support the timely issuing of deliverables to meet project specifications.
- Supports the safe and timely preparation and execution of construction, commissioning, and handover of the assigned project(s).
- Demonstrating a proactive approach in leading HSEQ ensuring compliance with assurance standards.
- Owns and manages assigned project(s) from cradle to grave through all phases alerting the Project Manager in the event of any potential risk or opportunities that can impact the successful delivery of the assigned project(s).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensures Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) implementation by review against standards, procedures, work practices.
- Coordinates multi-discipline input to deliverables and supports the resolution of any matters that could affect delivery.
- Coordinates the project team across various geographical locations as required.
- Accountable for the accuracy of project control data ensuring regular updates are made to reflect and communicate the status of the assigned project(s). This includes but is not limited to, project plan, histogram, cost report etc.
- Responsible for delivering accurate project reports reflecting the latest status of the project, justification for any variations, and required actions plans.
- Facilitates key project reviews such as Progress Review, Design Reviews, Model Reviews, Constructability, Risk and Opportunity.
- Act as project focal point liaising with the client focal point on a regular basis.
- Identify and escalate issues and conflict situations in a timely manner and supports their resolution.
- Ensures appropriate level of documentation is recorded and formally agreed to provide an auditable trail. This includes but is not limited to changes, agreements, and deviations.
- Plans individual work activities and manages time in liaison with the project team.
Skills / Qualifications
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelor's (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in a relevant discipline.
- Project Management Qualification is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience gained delivering projects preferably in the energy sector.
- Solid understanding of the technical work scope along with its criticality with respect to safety, production, and integrity.
- Good understanding of project contractual and commercial requirements and excellent change management skills.
- Fully conversant with project scopes and work carried out by all engineering disciplines and
various interface and inter-discipline coordination requirements among the various disciplines
such as procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Is effective and efficient in leading teams and project meetings with no/minimal support from the Project Manager.
- Manages project stakeholders, understands the dynamics involved, and is able to negotiate effectively in support of project delivery.
- Identifies, assesses, manages, and communicates project risk and opportunities in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and is able to deliver to internal and external customers.
- Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and
govern Engineering Management and Project Engineering deliverables.
- Experience with originate or input to project engineering deliverables as required (such as Proposal documents, SOW, SOR, Risk Register, Actions Register etc.) with no/minimal support from the Project Manager.
- Good command Microsoft tools such as word, excel, power-point.
- Positive attitude to learn and develop; asks to improve understanding.
- Uphold and promotes a "one team" approach to ensure project success.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Takes initiative and seeks out improvements.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in written form.
- Strong planning, organising and execution skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability and creative thinking approach.
- Supports the culture of care and inclusion.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.