Skills: Dynamic Positioning
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Marine Section Leader
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible Navigator as per international maritime regulations and responsible for the safe positioning of the unit.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years as Dynamic Positioning Operator on any DP2/3 vessel with preferred experience on a drilling vessel
- STCW II/1 Office in Charge of a Navigational Watch (OICNW)
- DPO certificate
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF Level 2 - Introductory)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Ensure the uninterrupted manning of the dynamic positioning console.
- Ensure that neither dynamic position console nor bridge is left unattended at any time.
- Resposible for all relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- Ensure that clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- To ensure visible leadership by monitoring daily operations.
- To ensure required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- To ensure thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Active participation in meeting activities.
- To ensure subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Responsible to sensure the bridge equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Responsible to ensure equipment is prepared for future marine operations.
- Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment as per Company and vessel operating procedures
- Operate the ballast control system to maintain the rig in a stable condition at the correct draft and trim as directed by the MSL
- Set up operational parameters for the DP system and ensure system data is correct
- Advise relevant personnel as per Well Specific Operating Guidelines (WSOG) of potential position loss
- Referencing riser analysis create WSOG document for well planning. Ensure WSOG are followed while on location
- Ensure that all defects and anomalies on any bridge equipment are reported to the OIM and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure that they are corrected
- Monitor Vessel Management System (VMS) and fire / gas alarms. Take appropriate action
- Ensure marine publications and navigational charts are up to date and maintained
- Ensure GMDSS systems are functioning, routinely tested and log maintained
- Ensure watch checklist, procedure checklist and bridge equipment checks are completed. Liaise with other departments, client, supply boats etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the safe transfer of fluids internally and between the rig and supply vessels
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Monitor and control supply boat operations and any other operations within the vessel five hundred metre zone including ROV operations
- Ensure there is adequate rig power and reserves for maintenance, current and forthcoming operations
- Competent in the use of data logger and extracting information from it
- Other Duties as assigned
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Dynamic Positioning Officer (Gulf of Mecixo) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: