Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Job Description
We are seeking an Estimating Engineer to join the Estimating Services Division of the Project Management Office Department.
The Estimating Services Division is responsible for providing cost estimating services to Saudi Aramco capital and noncapital projects during the project life cycle from inception to funding and post funding.
The primary role/function of the position of the Estimating Engineer is to prepare and/or review and endorse cost estimates of different levels of accuracy depending on the maturity of project definition during the various stages of the project life. These functions are related to the estimated cost of project activities in support of the Company's capital projects and programs. The role involves developing multidisciplinary conceptual and definitive cost estimates for oil and gas projects, which include Upstream facilities, such as gas plants, GOSPs, etc., and Downstream facilities such as petrochemical plants, refineries, cross-country pipelines, etc.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall estimating technical expertise in support of oil and gas capital projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) in resolving cost estimating issues while supporting capital projects and programs.
- Analyze and evaluate commercial and technical proposals submitted by project management teams or contractors.
- Discuses, coordinate, and resolve estimating problems with personnel throughout the Company and with contractor organizations.
- Prepare multidisciplinary conceptual and definitive cost estimates for Saudi Aramco capital projects.
- Mentor and supports the review of cost estimates prepared by level II and IV estimators to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the scope of work.
- Assist with bid analyses and contract negotiations.
- Participate in the analysis of major capital projects to plan the most cost-effective executions in light of experience and current industry practices.
- Perform complete analyses and cost validations using internal and external benchmarking data, historical indices, and component benchmarking.
- Be able to utilize computer-estimating applications and other solutions in support of developing cost estimates to different levels of accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 10 years of work experience in estimating and constructing major oil and gas facilities. AND working as an estimating engineer using AspenTech Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) for the last 3 years while preparing cost estimates for oil and gas projects.
- OR 10 years of experience in estimating including at least 5 years in preparing cost estimates for oil and gas projects. Candidates must be familiar with construction practices, materials, and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable. Working environment
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.