Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
HEAD COUNSEL (LEGAL COMPLIANCE)
-JD/LLB degree and currently licensed to practice law in home jurisdiction.
Experience & Skills
- At least 10 years of post-qualification legal experience in private practice or in-house (multinationals), including specialisation in anti-bribery and corruption (US FCPA, UKBA2010), or sanctions and trade controls, or anti-trust and competition law;
- Experience of handling compliance matters in complex compliance or regulatory environments (oil and gas sector preferably). Experience of dealing with the regulators/government investigations;
- Experience in development and implementing, reporting and enhancing governance and ethics and compliance programs, including policy and procedural framework, training, internal controls and investigations;
- Leadership skills/prior experience of mentoring personnel;
- Master analytical skills with the ability to assimilate complex compliance and governance matters and to provide practical advice to non-lawyers;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as team player with members of Legal Department, as well as other stakeholders;
- Advanced expertise and skills in word and data/information processing, incl. MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); -
Highly motivated, proactive, organized and self-disciplined.