Manages Instrument and Electrical Projects, using I/E engineering expertise and appropriate resources to ensure work is completed safely, in a cost-effective manner, within budget and schedule, and to the standards required.
Provides project and maintenance support to other departments in all aspects of Instrument and Electrical systems.
Manages the maintenance of standards, procedures and relevant documentation relating to the facilities. Ensures the maintenance, storage and distribution of Instrument and Electrical critical drawings are carried out to procedure and standard.
Develops and maintains the design, modification, security and reliability of all Instrument and Electrical systems used to operate production facilities. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects are managed such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Provides expert knowledge, advice and direction to management and co-workers on configurable control systems.
- Ensures the assigned projects are implemented in accordance within Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with all regulations.
- Manages the assigned Instrument and Electrical Project work list to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures all scopes of work for assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages are accurate, sufficient and clear.
- Develops technical memos and provides technical advice as required to the Project group to allow the development of detailed engineering scopes of work and designs.
- Ensures the plant Management of Change (MOC) process is followed for all plant modifications.
- Ensures appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted for assigned Instrument and Electrical related projects and all issues identified are actioned.
- Coordinates commissioning of assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects with Operations.
- Manages the assigned tender and awards contracts in conjunction with the Purchasing team for detailed design preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages and construction.
- Ensures all contractors undertaking assigned project work on site are effectively supervised such that safety, quality, costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- Ensures all Instrument and Electrical drawings and documentation are controlled according to the procedures and standards.
- Provides project support by taking a lead role in Engineering during the engineering, construction and start-up phases of plant. Specifically reviewing and verifying instrument data sheets, instrument selection and installation drawings.
- Develops and verifies QAQC documentation for the punch list and turnover packages for plant projects.
- Upholds I/E technical excellence for operations.
- Advises and assists in the development of plant control loops and related control systems.
- Able to provide support to troubleshoot and navigate basic control system issues to verify instrumentation is working correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring AMS for instrumentation is functional.
- Familiar with control valve specification and loop tuning.
- Advises in the development of maintenance plans to ensure the I/E and Electrical systems are operating with optimal efficiency and reliability.
- Conducts investigations for all system failures and identifies the system modifications, upgrades or changes required to prevent these.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the I/E Supervisor, I/E Technicians and the Operations department on Instrument and Electrical systems.
- Advises the Operations department in the development of operational procedures relating to Instrumentation and Electrical systems.
- Identifies Instrumentation and Electrical systems training requirements for Maintenance Technicians.
- Maintains an understanding of the current and future technology trends and makes recommendations for system enhancements or replacements which are financially justifiable.
- Maintains an understanding of Electrical Safety Code and ensures the plant is follow the standard. Ensures ETAP studies are updated.
- Develops operating budgets for designated areas and proposes capital budget items as required. Manages the budgets for any allocated work.
- Develops procedures for specialized system tests and calibrations.
- Maintains key relationships with system vendors to ensure specialist services are available when required.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Contribute to the 'operational excellence' as an effective member of the Technical department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience/combined education.
- 5 years' experience within an Instrument and Electrical Engineer role, preferably within a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Strong diagnostic/fault finding skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.