Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei-Muara District, Brunei
Wood is recruiting Instrument Technician - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei. The exciting project will run for at least five years, adopting our world - class systems and making use of our extensive global expertise.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, always ensuring that the instrumentation technicians work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognized Electrical Apprenticeship
- Technical qualification with applicable instrumentation and control background - City and Guilds or equivalent
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- COMPEX or Certified Equipment for Hazardous Area (HLD course, Mandatory for this role)
- ONC in Instrumentation and Control
- Permit Vision
- Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- Demonstrable experience post instrumentation apprenticeship / training coupled with current relative experience
- Demonstrable offshore experience in a construction instrument technician's role
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrate commitment to working safely at all times
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi - cultural environment
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised and work on own initiative
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
Competencies - generic
- Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can always demonstrate commitment to safe working
Competencies - technical
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Instrumentation technician as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate the ability to read / understand and implement procedures / specifications / drawings / sketches / etc.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.