Skills: Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lima, Peru
Wood is looking for a Intermediate Geotech/Geomechanics Engineer for our Peru Operation.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in the geotechnical design of mining geotechnical structures and rock mechanics. He/she will play a key role in the Geotechnical Department.
If you have a demonstrated ability in geotechnical engineering, this opportunity will provide both professional and personal satisfaction and opportunities for growth.
Key Responsibilities :
- Geotechnical/geomechanical characterization
- Knowlede in rock mechanics applied to tunnelling and slopes
- Numerical analysis in geotech, using GeoStudio, Slide, Plaxis, FLAC
- Support in writing of technical reports in Spanish and English
- Support in writing of technical reports in Portuguese (optional)
- Participation in the geotechnical design of heap leach facilities, tailings storage facilities, waste dumps, open pits, tunnels, etc.
- Participation in geotechnical field investigation programs
- Other duties assigned by the Geotechnical Manager within the scope of their competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in geotechnical / civil / geological engineering is required; MSc. is desired
- Must have 2 to 3 years of progressive geotechnical/geomechanical experience (ie. civil, geotechnical or related experience in mining projects)
- Experience in the design of mine-site earthworks infrastructure
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to travel, domestic & international travel required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificacion adecuada seran considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religion, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero, condicion de veterano protegido u otras caracteristicas, de acuerdo con la legislacion vigente.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.