Skills: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many gas processing, power generation, and power transmission companies located in North America.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Transmission Line Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, South East Region. This is a remote role but would like the candidate to be in range of one of our offices below for field work:
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Miami, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Lakeland, FL
- Tallahassee, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- Birmingham, AL
- Raleigh, NC
- Charlotte, NC
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering projects by creating detailed scopes and estimates, performing engineering calculations, developing detailed plan and profile design drawings, modeling using the highly specialized, custom-purpose software: PLS-CADD
- Designing structures for high voltage transmission lines using PLS-POLE and PLS-TOWER
- Engineering of transmission line projects from 'definition phase' through the 'implementation phase'
- Leading a group of engineers through the design process
- Training new engineers on transmission line engineering
- Preparing staged design review packages in accordance with client's standards and maintaining detailed documentation of designs and calculations
- Undertaking in-depth analysis/studies of problems, and identifying solutions and preparing reports to support studies/recommendations
- Providing technical advice and guidance to design engineers
- Proactively monitoring project engineering schedule and managing budgets for assigned projects
- Providing procurement support to prepare material specifications, requisitions, scope documents, material take-off and technical evaluation of bids
- Providing construction support and overall project engineering coordination during installation and commissioning with the client and subcontractors
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with internal groups and external contractors and clients.
- Traveling and visiting project sites during project definition and execution
- Supporting the management in planning, business development, proposal, performance evaluations and appraisals
- Developing and implementing specifications, standards, templates, and engineering tools
Skills / Qualifications
- Transmission, Electrical, Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from a recognized university along with a Professional Engineering Designation or eligibility for future registration
- 5 plus years of transmission line engineering experience is required
- Proven experience within a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC organization designing transmission lines utilizing PLS-CADD/PLS-TOWER/PLS-POLE is required
- Knowledge of electrical aspects of power transmission system
- Knowledge of transmission line materials (structures, conductors/OHSW, OPGW/ADSS, insulators, hardware accessories and fittings)
- Direct experience on the safety aspects of the design of high voltage transmission lines
- Construction support experience for Transmission projects
- Underground experience is an asset
- Clean driving record/abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.