Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood's Power Solutions business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Control Coordinator. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, this position is located in Vancouver, BC. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Act as cost controller for various projects, including monthly reporting and invoicing support
- Assist with the coordination of resource planning within the business unit; including maintaining and updating associated resource planning system
- Administer and maintain project controls related databases, including retrieving, manipulating and analyzing data to produce various reports
- Produce weekly engineering tools and distribute to relevant team members
- Enter invoices into database on a monthly basis and produce associated summary report
- Coordinate the administration of consultant time, including performing weekly timesheet reconciliation, monthly timesheet uploads and preparation of invoice reconciliation sheet for Accounts Payable processing
- Coordinate project set up requests for new personnel billing rates and maintain associated timesheet file
- Coordinate the submission of program level accruals to the client and resolve issues as required
- Provide timesheet support to the business unit, including troubleshooting issues and completing timesheet corrections as required
- Maintain various project lists and assist with the generation and maintenance of various excel files and templates
- Update and maintain truck and asset logs on a regular basis
- Assist engineering/project controls with various tasks as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Intermediate to advanced MS Access and Excel skills is essential
- Experience with database administration and data management
- Detail and results oriented with the capacity to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Superior analytical, problem solving, audit and investigation skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple internal disciplines and external customers
- An interest in a career in project controls, with some knowledge and understanding of basic cost control principles including earned value management
- A degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.