Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The position based in Houston will report directly to Global R&M Manager and Functionaly to Global Technical Training & Development Manager in Houston and will hold the responsibility for the training of R&M PL cross functional Technologies personnel to the level of competency required for their job position. The training will include, Workshop, Test facilities and classroom courses relevant to various Weatherford product lines. The position will also include the training of personnel on the correct process and procedures for their job descriptions (OPMS) The position will also cover the roll out and implementation of The WCT Training and Development Plan. This will accelerate the delivery of training and competency to the GBU. Recognized for technical training expertise in one or more technical specialties. Selects appropriate training aids. Prepares lesson plans relevant to training material. Analyzes course evaluations in order to judge effectiveness of training sessions and to implement suggestions for improvements. May direct work of others
- Develop R&M Multi-Skilling training material in cordination with Training and competency work group
- Various product line training- this will include the cross training of personnel to support R&M Multi-Skilling efforts .
- Ongoing competency development and implementation- help roll out the competency to the GZ Personnel
- Assess personnel as per competency requirements in line with Employee Connect
- Develop new courses within the GBU - to help cross-train all our people across all GZ
- Mentor our personnel in the new Career and Devolvement Training Program
- Mentor local and region instructors-help develop local and region instructors to attain a set level of competency against a standard.
- Liaise between GBU and GZ operations to ensure correct course are being offered
- Present Introduction courses for all Weatherford personnel.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT JOB
- This position is an office and workshop based job, (Based in Houston at St. James Pl)
- The training to be delivered will be workshop, Test facilities and classroom.
- International travel with be a big part of the position.
- Driving license, and a valid passport.
- High school
- OJT Mentor Training
- Assessor, Verifier or Auditors course
- Supervisory Course
- Professional Training Skills course (City & Guilds or equivalent)
- 7-9+ years related experience
- University/College degree
- Extensive experience in the oil industry (Service company preferred)
- Offshore Oilfield experience in the running or supervision of downhole tools
- Workshop- assembly and testing
- Experience of quality management systems - development and implementation
- OPMS working knowledge
- Onshore/offshore operations supervision.
- Training of Packer Courses, Operational and troubleshooting experience of a packer products.
- Practical rig floor training with downhole tools.
- Proven training track record
- Team player who can work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate with both work force and management
- Outgoing personality, enthusiastic attitude.