Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
EnerCorp, LLC is a private equity sponsored oilfield services company with operations in Canada and the United States. EnerCorp offers innovative technologies produced in North America that deliver engineered solutions throughout the lifecycle of your well; our services streamline wellbore construction and minimize NPT to reduce costs and maximize production. We design, build, sell, and rent various products in our technology portfolio while also providing application engineering and field services on job sites. This holistic end-to-end capability allows us to optimize our products and services in a cost-effective manner while improving our expertise through a continuous feedback loop.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The Floor Hand provides support of duties pertaining to the Rig Floor. Includes operating tongs and wrenches for making/breaking pipe, setting and pulling slips, stabbing pipes and performing other necessary tasks to drill a well. In this role, one will also assist the driller in the operation of the drill floor including draw works, mud circulating system, rotary system, handling tools and equipment.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Power wash equipment coming from the field.
- Perform maintenance to various equipment.
- Use of power tools and hand tools.
- Rebuild plug valves.
- Operate skid steer and forklift as needed.
- Clean up and organize shop area, parking area, around the facility as needed (trash, debris, materials, etc.)
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed.
- Must be able to perform good housekeeping and good hygiene responsibilities daily.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CDL Class A with air brakes to move rig and equipment between wells.
- Hands on experience with repair and assembly work.
- At least one (1) year working floors on a drilling rig or work over rig.
- Mechanical knowledge of engines and equipment.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in basic hand tools.
- Skills and Abilities
- Must have attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions in English.
- Ability to correctly read a tape measure and use basic hand tools as well as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals.
- Capable of working at heights.
- Able to work off step stools, lift platforms.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have good communication skills.
- Able to follow proper protocol for incident reporting and emergency situations.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify top priorities in a high-volume multitask work environment and the ability to determine critical few and know when to communicate issues and escalate them for decision-making
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of pumps, valves, rigging mechanisms, pressure testing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of all tools and equipment utilized by oil and gas industry
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- physical and safety requirements
- Ability to lift 80-100lbs.
- Ability to stand for entirety of shift.
- Repetitive bending, reaching, pulling, and lifting.
- Pushing and pulling wheeled carts weighing up to 1,000lbs.
- Must be comfortable swinging an 8lb. sledgehammer.
- Must be able to see, hear and have full use of both hands and fingers.
- Must have use of both feet to drive.
- Pass the required physical examination and drug screen as well as a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Able to work in all-weather elements day or night-time.
- Must be adaptable to the unique work conditions that consist of long and irregular hours and changes in locations of work assignments. This position requires working in a rig setting with various weather conditions consisting of: wet, cold, and/or humid conditions at well sites, working near moving mechanical parts, vibration, loud noise, potential fumes or airborne particles, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals where proper PPE must be donned.
- Able to withstand the mental and physical stress brought in by the element of an outdoor work environment.
- Clean driving record, verified by MVA report
- Typical schedule is 14/7 but may be modified based on customer needs. Work alternates between day and night shifts.
- Location: assigned to specific region.
- Travel is typically within region only. Living quarters provided at our camps.
- Maintain an "above approach" lifestyle that reflects the company's values. Teamwork. Caring. Integrity. Work Ethic.