Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
As a critical member of the MRO Sourcing team, the Sourcing Specialist II will provide subject matter expertise and work with the team to assist in all aspects (MRO, Safety) of category management. The role will be responsible for:
•Defining, establishing, and managing product category content for MRO vendors.
•Performs extensive competitive benchmarking and market analysis for product categories.
•Review products, evaluates suppliers, and develops strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of the commodity being sourced (supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, market trends and cost drivers).
- Initiate sourcing project goals, timelines and prioritize tasks and opportunities.
- Analyze complex spend data and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assist with the sourcing and negotiating for product category in support of customer quotations and agreements.
- Lead, develop and define strategies and objectives (short and long-term) for sourcing commodity.
- Lead identifying new sources for equipment and/or services.
- Evaluate supplier quotes and services, provide sourcing recommendations and decisions based on financial analysis, cost structure of categories, and supplier position in their industry and marketplace.
- Lead cross-functional teams to understand customer requirements, implement sourcing strategies and execute related sourcing projects.
- Achieve cost reduction targets, manage and mitigate price inflation without effecting service or quality.
- Leverage suppliers spend opportunities across business units.
- Develop business case for categories assigned.
- Develop communication and implementation plan for current and new initiatives.
- Assist with the execution of product standardization processes and system maintenance.
- Initiate, implement and maintain vendor specific Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) / catalogs to support the deployment of solutions to customers.
- Comply with standard policies, procedures, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and quality control processes.
- Establish and maintain vendor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for weekly order process, stocking levels, buy-outs, order accuracy, on-time deliveries and backorders.
- Establish and maintain internal KPI's for weekly rig order process.
- Review and rationalize vendor base.
- Work with business analysts to evaluate and recommend Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) direct buy opportunities.
- Process Nabors Item Numbers (NIN's) for materials as required.
- Identify bottlenecks in the supply-chain process and implement solutions to improve performance.
- Monitor monthly non-BPA purchases and work with vendors to update BPAs as necessary.
- Establish and maintain vendor contact database and ensure vendors are 100% contract compliant.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships throughout the organization.
- Supports team members when needed in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliveries.
- Support Equipment Standards Committee by ensuring globally standardized equipment is specifically identified in Nabors Item Master.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) direct supply chain experience, (2) possess verbal, written and presentation communication skills, (3) analytical and problem-solving skills, able to process large amounts of data, and (4) the interpersonal skills to work effectively across all of Nabors.
- 5-7 years' experience in Supply Chain Management functions or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Industrial Engineering.
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of purchasing, practices, and procedures in the drilling industry.
- Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers, and competitors.
- Knowledge of business performance measures.
- Must be able to perform comprehensive analysis and present findings.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with team and all levels of management and employees.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to work effectively across all business units.
- Proficient in using MS Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Operate in complex, rapidly changing environment with tight schedules.
- Make decisions that properly reflect company policy.
- Written and organizational skills and the ability to work independently with changing priorities.
- Able to work in team environment.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to exercise judgment and multi-task with ability to work with strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to solve different types of challenges.
- Results driven, self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
- Phone etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationship with team and all levels of management, departments and employees.
- Problem solving; critical thinking.
- Professionalism; work ethic.
- Technical skills to perform the specific tasks of the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment. Able to work off site as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties of the position. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs