Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with a strong background in Chemicals at our Tucker, GA and Greenville offices.
- Lead teams providing integrated delivery (engineering, procurement and construction management) for major chemical capital projects and programs.
- Deliver internal and external financial performance on these traditionally complex and demanding assignments.
- Develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual issues while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction.
- Oversee the responses to Requests for Proposals and support the bid process to successfully negotiate new projects.
- Collaborate with business development to create leads and develop relationships with prospective clients.
- Understand and review Safety Management Systems, Quality Management Systems and Environment Management Systems.
- Follow Wood safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a degree in chemical or mechanical or higher in engineering or construction related field.
- 10+years of experience managing large projects in the Chemicals, polymers, resins, fine chemicals, and renewable feedstock sectors.
- Experience with EPC and/or EPCM project delivery.
- Experience should include proven examples of the candidate's ability to lead an EPCM team to deliver project and contractual obligations on time and within budget.
- Have an advanced knowledge of project controls including scheduling, budgeting, risk management progress monitoring and forecasting.
- International experience a plus.
- Pharmaceuticals or life Sciences sector project experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively Internally with executive managers, Directors, Project Managers, Estimators, Project Developers, Site Accountants, Engineering, Legal, HSSE and HR and cross-functional departmental teams.
- Communicate effectively Externally with clients, potential clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.