Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
We are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our Information & Digital Services (IDS) department as an employee in our Aberdeen office in UK. As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer he/she will be part of the global operations team in charge of data centers and servers, including support to virtualization environment, physical & virtual servers, operating systems, storages, backup & restore, etc.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate ability to deliver customer expectations on time and with required quality, capable for solving complex IT issues and ability to produce technical documentation. Experience in coaching and mentoring peers is desirable.
- Maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment and/or facilities such as:
- Data Centers
- Physical Servers
- Virtual infrastructure and their virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V, AOS)
- Windows Servers and Linux
- Storage (NetApp, DellEMC)
- Backup & Restore (Veeam)
- VMware Horizon & Citrix
- Work on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Ensures high quality IT service delivery through proper testing, quality assurance and documentation preceding complete rollout and normal operation.
- Participate in providing accurate budgetary figures and cost/benefit justifications for the IT Data Center Manager.
- Manages and participates in IT projects whenever required.
- Follow change management processes providing change request initiation, control and impact assessment.
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures, standards and documentation to support successful operation of the server and storage infrastructure.
- Manage third party services needed to provide IT services according to business requirements.
- Provide guidance and ensure IT security and continuity providing security patching, software and hardware updates, malicious software prevention, detection and correction.
- Develop and support security processes.
- Ensure relevant backup and recovery of data, software and system configurations in order to support the IT Disaster Recovery plan.
- Provide a stable, secure and auditable server environment to enable efficient use of business applications and data.
- Ensure software compliance within the server and storage infrastructure area.
- Responsible for technical roadmap development, implementation and improvement of Server and Storage Infrastructure for regional and global systems.
- Responsible for capacity and resource planning for Server and Storage Infrastructure supporting regional and global systems.
- Responsible for planning changes, upgrades, tuning and patches of regional and global systems together with partners and the rest of the Enterprise Operations Team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science or any other IT variant course level is required
- Technical certifications from main technology vendors such as VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Nutanix, NetApp, Veeam, Citrix and so on are desirable
- Substantial relevant experience in data centers & servers operations
- Fluent in English
- Exceptionally well organized with attention to details
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Be a good team player but also work independently