The New Energy Process Engineer
will be responsible for assisting in providing insight on the strategies used to produce alternative energies with a focus on Hydrogen. He / She will be instrumental in providing guidance on the key process indicators relevant to the industry and how process simulation can contribute to the industry's ongoing energy transition.
The New Energy Process Engineer is part of the process team within the Digital & Integration arm of Schlumberger. The team develops the Symmetry process software platform which is used internationally to address today and tomorrows' energy challenges. The team heads the product development and deployment, supports international sales and commercial teams as well as executes and supports projects performed for our clients. This business unit is the center of excellence for all process simulation within Schlumberger and is on the cutting edge of process simulation development.Responsibilities and Duties:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Be the new energy focal point with a focus on hydrogen for the digital process simulation team
- Liaise with the Engineering & Software Development teams to provide subject matter expertise, software requirements and business input
- Assist in identifying and pursuing opportunities for software development, direction and growth
- Serve as product expert for Sales and Commercial and Marketing on product-related matters.
- Provide first-level support to the Sales force within all the domains of the assigned product as required.
- Review technical challenges and propose solutions using process simulation
- Assist with presenting relevant digital solutions to current and potential clients
- Keep abreast of market and technology changes and applicable requirements
- Occasional International Travel is a requirement for this role
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant engineering experience, preferably in the Energy Industry.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Experience with Process Engineering simulation software including but not limited to Symmetry, VMGSim, AspenHYSYS, Unisim, FlareSim, PipeSim etc.
- The candidate would need to enjoy solving difficult problems with creative solutions, grounded in first principals and process simulation.
- Passionate about the energy transition and moving the energy industry into the future.
- Alternative Energy or Transition Technology experience an asset
- Methane Reforming / Hydrogen systems and related technology an asset
- Experience in quantifying carbon footprint & emissions within the oil and gas industry an asset
- Experience with AGI / CCS / CCUS and related carbon capture technology an asset
- Familiarity with AI or Machine Learning an asset
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum project management an asset
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Canada, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.