Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting Plater / Marker Fitter - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, always ensuring that the plating / structural work scope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team
- Take part in all work - related task specific toll box talks and comply with all PTW conditions
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognized Structural apprenticeship or demonstrable experience in Structural role
- Verifiable Evidence - CV
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- MIST / IMIST
- Manual Handling
- Permit Vision
- Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- W@H Training
- Demonstrable experience posts structural apprenticeship / training coupled with current relative experience
- Preferably a Bruneian
- Experience with all methods of cutting and burning steel plate
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi - cultural environment
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised and work on own initiative
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role and develop others as part of nationalization program
Competencies - generic
- Possesses a decent standard in spoken and written English
- Comply with operational and safety manuals and procedures
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can always demonstrate commitment to safe working
Competencies - technical
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Plater as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate the ability to read / understand and implement procedures / specifications / drawings / sketches / etc.
Competencies - project / department specific
To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.