Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking an Estimator in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Reporting to the Lead Estimator - Studies, Mining and Minerals, t his full time permanent position will be based in Perth and aimed at the compilation of Definitive Feasibility, pre-feasibility and scoping studies cost estimates.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As part of this role, duties will include:
- Estimate project quantities and costs in the preparation of feasibility studies from scoping to definitive level on a timely and cost-effective basis
- Source appropriate data to determine material and labour requirements for inclusion in estimates
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyze and maintain historical data to establish standard hours for various disciplines
- Compute cost factors for inclusion in estimates and determining cost effectiveness
- Coordinate and consolidate estimates from partners or other third parties in the preparation of estimates
- Understand and advise clients of requirements for projects and develop delivery strategies to address these requirements
- Prepare relevant study report documentation including Basis of Estimate, Estimating Plan and Capital Cost Estimate
- Maintain cost data base from previous studies/reference projects
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will be able to think broadly and apply estimating skills across a range of disciplines. We are looking for that unique individual that will have the ability to combine extensive study estimating experience with a flexible approach to develop realistic estimates as part of the Study Team.
You will also have experience in:
- Mining experience in an EPCM environment
- Fully conversant in the use of MS Excel, Word and Access (Experience with an Estimating Software package highly regarded)
- Sufficient construction multidisciplinary estimating knowledge and experience in the minerals / mining resources industry to compile all aspects of study estimates
- Specialised skills and knowledge base necessary for the production of conceptual and preliminary study phase estimates
- The ability to work closely with the Studies team members is essential
Please note, applicants must have full Australian work rights and currently be based in Perth to be considered. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter stating your intentions.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Estimator, ready for your next role, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.