Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Magnolia, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology, with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Reporting to the Senior QHSE Manager, the incumbent provides support and leadership for the implementation and execution of Safety and Health strategies, goals, and objectives to meet facilities, Corporate and Government objectives/requirements for Health and Safety.
This is a very active role focused on activities that promote a safety culture of "Mission Zero" while engaging associates in safety programs to maintain status as an OSHA VPP Star Site. It requires a balance of facility floor presence and administrative responsibilities, in at least two locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Senior QHSE Manager with implementation of QHSE Management System, including developing and implementing programs to prevent serious injuries.
• Assist Senior QHSE Manager with preparation of monthly and quarterly statistics for corporate senior management and site senior management.
• Coordinate preparation of safety meeting presentations for hourly associates.
• Support VPP team with developing and implementing programs that encourage associate engagement in QHSE
• Coordinate internal and external training programs for plant Emergency Response Team.
• Coordinate external resources required to maintain emergency response assets.
• Conduct site audits and inspections on a regular basis to ensure safe day to day operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 2 or more years of experience in Safety and Health (within a large manufacturing facility).
• Experience with safety program and safety training development/implementation.
• Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards - specifically OSHA VPP and other regulatory safety and environmental requirements
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong communications, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate at various levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Associates' Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• OSHA CHSO or higher Credential or working toward desired.
• ASP/CSP or working toward desired.