Skills: Mechanical Technician, Piping Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: BN, Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Mechanical / Piping Commissioning Technician.
Purpose / Role
- To support safe execution of the Mechanical and Piping pre - commissioning and commissioning work scope in accordance with contract requirements, specifications, procedures, and schedule.
- To provide support to Snr Commissioning Engineer / Commissioning Engineer for related discipline activities.
- Review applicable discipline commissioning technical documentation / procedures
- Plan and prepare for execution of future work fronts
- Provide competent supervision in the commissioning / function testing of Mechanical and Piping plant, equipment, and systems
- Monitor / report progress as required
Key aims and objectives
- To play an active role in ensuring that all Project SHEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- To ensure the work is carried out in accordance with project specified requirements / work packs
- To supervise Mechanical and Piping Commissioning Technicians in the testing of project Mechanical and Piping systems, in accordance with project technical procedures and plans
- To ensure applicable SHEQ processes / practices are implemented / followed and where applicable permits in place and associated toolbox talks etc. are completed prior to commencement of work activities
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Supervise the testing of Mechanical and Piping systems in accordance with applicable pre - commissioning, commissioning, and relevant vendor test procedures
- Supervise Mechanical and Piping commissioning team and interface with other disciplines
- Ensure "Red line" project drawings and procedures when changes have been completed during commissioning phase
- Review Construction documentation prior to commissioning activities
- Complete the project Completion System in accordance with handover documentation
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner using Wood procedures (Task Risk Assessment / TBT / TRIC)
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a safe manner using the PTW system
- Prepare for future work fronts including preparation of applicable documentation i.e. Work packs, PTW requests, Method Statements etc.
- Report progress via the JMS or written report as requested by line manager
Allied occasional duties
- Liaise with support vendors as required
Key internal interfaces
- Commissioning Technicians
- Discipline Commissioning Engineers
- Construction personnel
- Completions Coordinator
- HSSE and Quality Reps
Key external interfaces
- Client commissioning personnel
- Operations & Maintenance personnel
- Site vendor reps
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.