Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Under direct supervision, performs standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts & procedure related to software. Assists in writing and implementing software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Applies theoretical knowledge to practical problems in software design. Independent judgment is made on tasks of low complexity.
- Participate in full testing life cycle, including requirements validation, test planning, and test case identification/development, development of test automation framework, functional testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Define test objectives, write and execute test cases and test scenarios to ensure that software products meet design specifications and ensure consistency, completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to formulate testing scenarios and facilitate testing.
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum team to ensure a successful product delivery, suggest, and negotiate product testability enhancements.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and problem reports.
- Provide technical and team leadership for software QA initiatives and test processes.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of plans for testing phases of software development.
- Perform software testing according to test plans and report the test results.
- Perform manual and automated testing of company developed products; software applications, embedded firmware testing, hardware testing, system integration testing. Utilize various communication protocols FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, Modbus, in a network environment.
- Manual and automated firmware and hardware testing experience. Test types utilized: White box code testing, regression, performance, black box, and field release/implementation testing.
- Maintain documents for software/firmware bugs and enhancements, and quality control implementation.
- Author and compile metrics to measure test progress and quality outcomes.
- Work closely with developers in debugging and fixing defects.
- Provide feedback to manager and/or development team regarding ways to improve test processes and development performance.
- Track defects and make sure that all the defects closed before final delivery, report software issues and bugs using Microsoft Visual Studio or Jira.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of testing systems and testing environments.
- Interface with end users to determine new and modified functionality of existing application under test.
- Provide technical assistance in root cause analysis, utilize programming and problem-solving skills to develop troubleshooting concepts and techniques.
- Provide technical and operational support to testers and end-users. Develop and maintain test data sets and databases. Update test harness and test data.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Firm Ware Testing, Basic electronics knowledge and troubleshooting of PCBs and RTU platforms.
- Knowledge of coding in C# programming language and Integration API test
- Basic Knowledge of database technologies such as SQL server and Oracle
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Experience with Software installation and troubleshooting on various windows, Linux servers.
- Experience with testing of deployment of software running on Linux-based devices
- Ability to configure hardware per manufacturer's user guides
- Experience with a UI automation framework (Selenium Preferred)
- Experience with Oil & Gas industry applications Preferred
- Off hours availability with remote teams
- Experience with Bug tracking tools like Jira.
- Strong knowledge and skillset on both automated and manual testing.
- Familiar with testing web-based applications and REST APIs.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum development methodolgy.
- Hands-on knowledge on minimum of one test automation tool.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and identify issues.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Two years of experience with testing medium to large projects.