Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Arnegard, North Dakota, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for several Journeyman Coating and Painters with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry in Arngard, ND. Candidates must live in a 50 mile radius to the project.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Must be able to blast media, prep, prime, top coat (roller and spray gun).
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, and specifications.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job,
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate personal protective equipment for the craft.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installing industrial insulation on piping and equipment as listed"
- ½" OD pipe up to 24" OD pipe
- Pipe and vessels that are 24" OD up to 48" OD
- Tanks, equipment, and vessels 48" OD and up.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installation of various types Insulation as listed:
- Fiberglass, Calcium Silicate, Urethane (PolyISO), Cellular Glass, Expanded Perlite
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the installation of metal jacketing on industrial piping and equipment including but not limited to cutting metal for tees, 90's, 45's, reducers, vessel/tanks including heads, straight runs of piping, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the fabrication and installation of removable insulated blankets (soft pads).
- Read specifications or receive instructions from supervisors or clients in order to determine work requirements.
- The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety programs and the quality process.
- The employee must clean up all the work area at the end of the day or at the completion of the job.
- Must be able to blast media, prep, prime and top coat with roller and spray gun
Skills / Qualifications
Must have a minimum of two to five (2 - 5) years' experience as an industrial insulator. NOTE: The skill level of the employee is to be considered, time on the job alone is not sufficient to qualify an employee as a craftsman.
- Must have experience in blast media, prep, prime, top coat (roller and spray gun)
- The employee must be capable of directing the other employees that will be associated with this job to assure that safety, quality and production are achieved.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
- The employee must be willing to be trained on J.L.G. lifts, and any other equipment that is used on the job site. This training will require testing and the issuance of "certification" cards by Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.