Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer in the downstream oil and gas and chemical industries. Local candidates to the Houston, TX Office please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem provided.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction. Will serve as the Lead Process Engineer on large and complex projects
- Highly competent to perform all process engineering functions including: deliverables such as feasibility and optimization studies, process simulations and heat and material balances, process equipment sizing, process data for instrument and mechanical data sheets, hydraulic piping line sizing and other philosophies and reports. In addition, highly competent to perform relief calculations and flare network modeling
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Able to check Engineering calculations as well as check drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Initiates regular communication between the process team and all other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of work and that consistent technical content is maintained for all design documents/data throughout the project
- Experience in areas including biofuels, carbon capture, blue and green hydrogen, blue and green ammonia and/or methanol preferred
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 15 years of process engineering experience
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- NCEES Professional Engineering License preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.