Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
MPD R&M Technicians are responsible for the inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of mechanical systems used in the oil and gas industry. This may include but not limited to equipment such as downhole tools, pressurized systems, pumps, Valves, Hydraulic power units and other managed pressure drilling related equipment. R&M Technicians should demonstrate a thorough knowledge of mechanical systems and be able to quickly troubleshoot problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform workshop duties, including receiving cleaning, servicing and testing of managed pressure drilling equipment in accordance with company procedures under direction from R & M Supervisor
- Troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, implementing mandatory modifications and executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance
- Lead and help maintain a high standard of housekeeping practice within the workshop in compliance with 5S
- Complete all necessary documentation pertaining to equipment movements and repairs
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Compile and maintain detailed maintenance reports, and coordinate with R&M Supervisor in the planning of periodic maintenance of assets in compliance with MPD and OEPS performance standards
- Minimally 4-5+ years related experience with Secondary School/ IT/ Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a busy workshop in a similar senior maintenance role
- Excellent Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of electrical systems and fault finding
- Knowledge of pressurized systems and testing
- Good communication skill is a plus
- Basic computer skills General computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Workshop related training including Rigging and slinging, Forklift license, working at heights, first aider - Preferable