Seeking a Construction Manager that is responsible for management of all construction safety, planning, and field activities in support of the project objectives. Responsibilities:
- Ensure Safety is the paramount objective when planning and executing all construction activities.
- Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
- Work closely with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners regarding development and implementation of the project quality system ensuring thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule
- Inspect and monitor field conditions with an eye toward safety and productivity.
- Monitor work for quality and specification conformance.
- Mitigate schedule and productivity impacts through creative solutions.
- Ensure craft job satisfaction is maintained to minimize turnover.
- Translate project plans into coherent, credible, realistic project schedules.
- Providing in the field construction assistance and problem solving based on previous experience.
- Understand industry standards, applicable regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards.
- Report on project status, performance, constraints and issues to Senior Management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management ideal however years of service in similar roles demonstrating capabilities could be substituted.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in craft field management.
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priorities changes occur
- Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning and scheduling.
- Have the ability to read and interpret engineer drawings to include P&IDs, Civil/Structural plans and details, Electrical wiring diagrams, Piping isometrics, etcetera.
- Broad knowledge of Codes, Standards, and Industry Best Practices.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have advanced computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel Work products.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.