Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills in addition to a passion for using data to drive decisions. Beyond analytics, a successful candidate will have experience in managing time sensitive projects, interacting with diverse business groups, including executive leaders, and creating customized reports to drive critical business decisions.
- The Global Travel Business Analyst, under broad direction from the Travel MIS Manager, will play a key role supporting decision making for the Global Travel team within Halliburton's Real Estate function.
- Models and analyzes relevant data including spend, revenue and margin drivers.
- Provides analysis for and assists in the development of new business models, including long term service agreements with global vendors.
- Advises and communicates business process knowledge of Global Travel Processes, Policies & Business Practices, Accounting, and Systems Application support to end users.
- Applies application of Global Travel processes and system knowledge to expedite resolution of escalated problems.
- Participates in the design, development and documentation of Travel business processes, system enhancements and training materials.
- Leads and/or collaborates in the development of business analysis processes, reports, dashboards, visualization, or other routes to deliver intelligence and insight to internal customers.
- Liaises between local teams, IT, and Finance & Accounting groups.
- Demonstrates the capability to handle sensitive situations and can understand and effectively resolve issues in a collaborative manner.
- Ensures Global Travel transactions are recorded in accordance with Travel and Finance company policies, business practices and processes.
- Generates Global Travel reporting and adherence to key performance indicators.
- Performs data validations, error correction, and communications to ensure Global Travel accounting transactions are recorded properly and allocated to internal product lines and departments.
- Performs system testing in relationship to new enhancements as well as mock simulations of unique Global Travel transactions.
Education And Experience
Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's) required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance OR Economics AND at least 5 years of experience OR 8+ years of related in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a working knowledge of SAP navigation, reporting, and strong Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, and Power BI.
- Experience in a global service focused organization supporting multiple business units is strongly preferred.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Sr Global Travel Business Analyst.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 121437
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Real Estate Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.