Skills: Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Category Senior Specialist, responsible for the delivery of specific category management initiatives across Wood. Implementing category strategies that deliver tangible and sustainable savings across the business. The role holder will be a supply chain professional with substantial category management experience ideally gained from a similar sized matrix organisation. The ability to lead cross functional/business relationships and implement innovative commercial models that deliver significant net tangible value to the business is imperative. It is envisaged that there will be a requirement to travel (international) and as such this role can be located in any of our UK offices.
This is an important role within the Company with ultimate responsibility for an annual spend in excess of $100M . A dynamic innovative, and motivated individual who can develop category strategies whilst autonomously managing key suppliers to drive value engineering, innovation and ultimately leverage Wood buying power. Key aspects of the role include being responsible for increasing value, generating net savings and ensuring cost avoidance through leveraging business wide spend, identifying efficiencies, driving out waste and reducing costs from within the supply chain, implementing and driving category management plans, driving innovation through strategic partnerships, effective executive Supplier Relationship Management, reduction and rationalisation of suppliers, market and supplier intelligence to help inform management decisions. The individual will sit as part of the Wood Category Supply Chain team and support wider Supply Chain strategy and delivery in areas of Deployed Procurement and Business Improvement initiatives.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of category management activities that they are responsible for
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework
- Developing and implementing Supply Chain Category Management across Wood - Responsible for embedding category management principles and techniques that deliver tangible and sustainable net savings and value add
- Implementation of effective Supplier Relationship Management that supports driving cost and efficiency, driving value engineering and innovation and developing market intelligence that supports business decision making including acquisitions
- Support tendering activities and development of specific supply chains strategies to support business growth including category strategies
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan and effective reporting of such
- Identify and deliver 'bottom up' buying opportunities for Leadership Team
Skills / Qualifications
Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) in business related discipline, ideally supply chain or procurement, CIPS qualified or industry equivalent.
Job specific experience:
- Good SC experience in a Category specialist role demonstrating results
- Category management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Procurement and SRM systems (Oracle or equivalent)
- Managing the full category process for Direct or Indirect spend
- International procurement, working and/or living abroad
- Managing key suppliers to develop commercially successful, long-term contracts which effectively add value, present savings and mitigate risk to the business
- Contract management and evaluation
- Identifying opportunities within the Indirect Categories for Procurement to add value through cost savings or improvement of quality and service
- Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement
- Data analysis and presentation
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Supplier Relationship Management including building relationships at a senior level
- Process improvement
- Leading complex tender activities through to completion
- Negotiation of multi-million contracts
- Mobilisation of cross border / global agreements desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.