Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Principal Civil/ Structural Engineer
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Civil / Structural Engineer to work across various projects for local and international clients based in Darlington.
- A sound technical knowledge and excellent decision-making skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets.
- Lead projects and assigned group of Civil and Structural Engineers / Designers when required
- Support the maintenance of Technical Work Practices, Engineering Standards, ASK TED and Technical Consistency Modules
- Organise and carry out Technical discipline meetings and presentations on Civil Engineering to the group
- Conduct Performance Reviews of the Civil Engineers/Designers
- Support graduate recruitment and present training modules
- Undertake Civil Engineer Role of FEED / EPC / PMC within an appropriate multi-discipline project
- Understand the requirements and drivers of the project through client supplied documentation and Wood management instruction
- Provide technical input to the design team developing the engineering solution and participate in design and checking work as required
- Involvement in the QA of documentation/calculation/drawing and other deliverable production
- Involvement in engineering meetings with other disciplines to assist management to budget, time and quality
- Raise issues which will translate into operational alerts and lessons learnt
- Ensure that quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and / or construction purposes on assigned projects are of the specified standard
- Prepare the scope of work documentation for subcontract requisitions
- Assist in the management of construction subcontracts
- Liaise with site actives and Technical Query system running with construction
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude towards safety, both in design and in the office environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred, however an HND qualification is essential
- Membership of a relevant professional body(MICE/MIStructE)
- Active CPD
- Min 10 years extensive experience in related industries
- Previous experience in the development and mentoring of more junior engineers in the department
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.