Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Do you enjoy developing innovative solutions for our global customers?
Would you like to shape our strategy for Advanced Carbon Capture?
Join our cutting-edge Carbon Capture Technology Team
Our team deliver strategic roadmap for CCUS, scout innovative technologies and originates opportunities to expand our portfolio of decarbonized solutions, manage programs for technology development and lead early customers' engagement to position innovative solutions.
Be part of a team that makes a difference to our business
You will define the Platform Strategy for Advanced Carbon Capture of Baker Hughes.
You will drive the Product Companies low carbon offering by setting strategic priorities, driving capital allocation process, leading origination and execution strategy of inorganic business development opportunities, defining technology development roadmap and coordinating the definition and the execution of new business models and New Product Development (NPD) commercialization plans.
You will be accountable for Advanced Carbon Capture applications, such as Direct Air Capture, or applications requiring advanced technologies (e.g., electrochemical, adsorption, MOFs) to deliver the Growth Strategic Plan (GSP) aligned to Baker Hughes strategy by liaising with Product Companies and headquarter teams.
As an Advanced Carbon Capture Platform Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Owning deep understanding of Applications market dynamics and competitive positioning.
- Identifying strategic priorities by Application and accordingly develop strategic plan from growth investment opportunities to portfolio expansion/rationalization.
- Setting targets for cost, technology and operational features by product / solution and by segment application.
- Defining competitive CTQs and develop wing to wing differentiated value proposition for Products / Solutions with a TCO approach.
- Identifying strategic initiatives and relevant growth/profitability impact to match business financial targets.
- Ensuring appropriate capital and resources requirements are identified to execute technology development roadmap.
- Driving GSP process and inorganic opportunities selection and scrutiny, including ensuring and/or delivering appropriates business cases.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have PhD., MSc. or BSc. in a related field, preferably Chemical, Process or Mechanical engineering.
- Have significant experience in the Chemical, Process, Oil&Gas or Industrial markets preferably in similar jobs - Strategy, Product Leadership, Commercial; preferred experience with advanced CCUS technologies (e.g., electrochemical, adsorption, MOFs).
- Have solid analytical skills and proven capabilities to develop Business Cases - MBA from accredited school and/or advanced leadership development program (e.g., CAS).is advantageous.
- Be able to interpret customer economic, process and technical specifications and translate into competitive technical offering.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Have very good interpersonal and leadership skills, inclusive team working style and able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Be a self-starter & able to work on his/her own initiative; agile mindset and entrepreneurial approach preferred.
- Have willingness and ability to travel as needed.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.