Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Director, Business Development in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical mining minerals projects.
Our successful candidate will perform business and strategic development activities and be instrumental to the ongoing growth and future expansion of the Australian mining and minerals business.
Located in Perth and reporting to the Senior VP, Mining & Minerals Australia, this role will be working closely with the mining team in Brisbane and Perth to build, maintain and strengthen respected and valued customer relationships to create and implement strategies to grow our engineering business in the mining and mineral processing sector and actively promote the Wood brand developing our presence in the region.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
Be rewarded for your broad reaching network and ability to attain business in mining / mineral processing consulting, studies, asset support and project work for the Australian business.
About the Role:
- Drive the key customer process focused on organisations with potential to deliver regular, sustainable work for Wood and coordinate research into potential new work and project opportunities
- Consistently work to embellish new and existing client relationships, coordinating information on leads, opportunities and companies via the companies selected CRM software
- Assist in the management of conversion strategies associated with existing assignments / customers that will progress to the next phase of development
- Participate in workload assessment, capacity reviews and forecast processes
- Prepare Registrations of Expressions of Interest and pre-qualifications and ensure the timely compilation of tender submissions and support contract negotiations
Skills / Qualifications
To be successfully shortlisted, you will have recent relevant experience within similar role together with demonstrated technical / project background and solid understanding of mining and minerals processing plant technologies within Australia.
- Tertiary level qualifications with 10+ years' experience within the Mining sector - ideally blending Mining Operations and Mining Project experience
- Demonstrated technical / project background with solid understanding of mining and minerals processing plant technologies
- Experienced in proposals and tender preparation and polished presentation delivery
- Ability to effectively manage tight time frames and co-ordinate virtual teams
- Ability to travel as required
Please note, only applicants with valid work rights for Australia will be considered. We also ask candidates to currently be based in Perth, or to please include a Cover Letter if you have plans to relocate.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you are our next Business Development Director, we would like to hear from you today!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.