Market Strategy Director - Subsea Umblicals Risers and Flowlines (SURF) Bristol or Aberdeen basedAre you passionate about balancing innovation with results, can you pragmatically build, plan and collaborate with stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and levels?Do you have expert skills in market sizing, understanding competitors and setting strategic direction for companies within the Oil & Gas sector?Join our Strategic Marketing team - Subsea Production Systems
Our Subsea Production Systems (SPS) are industry leading. We are globally recognized as a world-class, subsea lifecycle equipment and services business, leveraging game-changing technology, premium solutions and digital innovation for unmatched outcomes for our customers.Play a pivotal role in our business
As the Director of Marketing and Strategy you will head up the Marketing and Strategy function for the SPS (Subsea Production Systems) business globally alongside playing a significant role in the leadership team. You will be a key advisor to the VP, Marketing and Strategy for OFE (Oil Field Equipment) and the CEO of the SPS business. In addition to the core Marketing and Strategy functions this role includes responsibilities for business development to assist the business in its growth ambitions.As Director of Marketing & Strategy you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Delivering competitive and strategic insights for SPS and leading strategic projects to translate those insights into business actions and results.
- Creating insights and content for marketing material across the OFE business and engaging with product managers to assist in the development of new and enhanced solutions in alignment with market needs
- Collaborating with the sales and commercial teams and develop pursuit plans, account strategies and segment penetration to drive business development.
- Engaging with cross functional teams, internal stakeholders and Managing the relationship with respective Subsea Leads in external organisations like Wood Mackenzie, Rystad and IHS
- Leading the delivery of timely and accurate market analysis and insights to maintain a reasonable balance between short-term priorities and medium to long-term trends, looking beyond the immediate opportunities/tenders
- Demonstrate thought leadership and represent Baker Hughes externally e.g., publishing papers or speaking at appropriate conferences and seminars, in meetings with regulators and potential partners
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Marketing related subject coupled with considerable experience within the upstream oil and gas sector
- Have experience of working within the Subsea sector gained from a either a Strategy Consultancy, Operator or equipment/service company ideally associated with - subsea production systems, SURF (Subsea Umbilical Riser Flowlines), IMR (Inspection Maintenance Repair)
- Demonstrate ability of driving business development through segment, customer and regional penetration strategies
- Show excellent analytics and problem-solving skills, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information
- Poses professional eloquence in both oral and written communication including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear, simple and crisp messages
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with senior leaders
- Have the ability to learn relevant tools (e.g., Salesforce.com and third-party market research databases) quickly
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 1 day per week)
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.