Senior Development EngineerLocation:
Remote, Michigan basedJob Type:
Permanent/ Full-TimeWork Schedule:
Remote, candidate will be part of the Midwest division and must be able to travel to project sites within the area as neededTravel:
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a Design & Build Disruptor in the educational market and municipal sector, has a permanent opportunity for a Senior Development to work in a remote position within the Michigan/ Midwest region. Job Summary
The Senior Development Engineer
will serve as the technical resource to our Sales & Operations Teams and be responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing solutions to address issues and needs related to customer facilities. They will lead projects through development and manage all resources to ensure the project is delivered on time.
The Senior Development Engineer will work out of the Midwest Division, with the ability to work from home on a daily basis. He/she will serve as the technical resource to our Sales & Operations Teams and be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing solutions to address issues and needs related to customer facilities. They will lead projects through development and manage all resources to ensure the project is delivered on time. Candidates should be willing to travel to project sites 25% - 50% of the time within the Midwest region.
- Conducts surveys of customer facilities and assess the current condition, operational performance and deficiencies of the building systems and infrastructure.
- Coordinates site visits and project development activities of Facilities Technicians and specialty contractors.
- Guide customers in prioritizing projects to improve functionality, operational performance and efficiencies of their facilities.
- Develops and analyzes energy baselines for benchmarking.
- Calculates energy and operations & maintenance savings associated with proposed improvements.
- Ensures solution compliance with current energy and building codes.
- Supports operations team in building systems commissioning and re-commissioning activities.
- Determines appropriate measurement and verification methodologies for developed improvements.
- Works with the sales and operations teams, as well as consulting architects, engineers and contractors in developing the technical and financial components of the job to include accurate cost and savings estimates.
- Participates in creation and delivery of written and oral presentations for customers.
- Participates in the final customer presentation by leading the technical discussion and responding to questions by customer facility experts.
- Works with subcontractors and consultants to ensure the quality of work is consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Meets regularly with the sales and operations teams to review the performance of the customer contract and in turn participates in the preparation and delivery of customer progress reports.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with the customer, providing technical consultation on current and future facility needs.
- Mentors Jr Engineers and new employees
- Reviews work of other engineers prior to submission to customers
- Researches new products and solutions and presents them to the team
- BS in Engineering
- CEM (Certified Energy Manager)
- PE (Professional Engineer) preferred, EIT acceptable
- 10 years of experience in energy engineering, facilities engineering, design engineering
- Committed team player willing to plug in where needed
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the Midwest region
Our client is a Program Management Firm and a disruptor in the market offering a full design and build offering assisting school districts with the revitalization, renovation and new construction of educational facilities. Their progressive approach to revitalizing educational facilities seeks to identify and address operational challenges, and provide a safe, healthy learning environment for students and employees. They assess the current state of each facility, develop a project plan, and help implement a long-term facility management plan that is affordable and easy to maintain.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a disruptor in the design/ build space who are driving forward innovative solutions to meet the educational system needs. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package, annual bonus, strong medical benefits, life insurance, PTO, holidays, and more. Sign on bonuses and relocation are also available. On top of receiving competitive compensation, the candidate will have the ability to work from home and enjoy the benefits of working with a company that has a family feel.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.