Main Job Purpose
As one of the team of Business Systems Analysts your role involves: Supporting line of business ICT systems, analysing business processes, leverage existing strategic tooling and applications to realise process automation efficiencies and assisting in the improvement of the system landscape to realise competitive advantage though the businesses digital transformation.
You will work closely with Functional Business System Leads, Business Information Systems Manager, BAU Super Users, BAU Key Users, Group ICT teams and occasionally dedicated implementation teams to ensure our systems inspire our people, simplify what we do, so we can win.
Our systems suite currently covers; Dynamics Navision, iPlan, iTrent, Logitime, Power BI, Cornerstone, AIS, Workflow Automation & Data interfaces, Differentiated low code systems (Power Apps & Nintex) and Microsoft SharePoint. Primary Function - BI
This role is responsible for leading BI across all business areas covering existing and new applications and their data. You will own the decentralised BI Strategy, BI Solution architecture, secure data sets and reporting model.
Success will come from establishing a secure data model and then empowering the business to create reports and drive improvements in their pursuit of excellence
Role Level - Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Duties & Responsibilities - BI
- Drive Excellence though effective and efficient use of systems.
- Understand and document business requirements over the short, medium and longer term.
- Consult through lesson learned sessions with End Users, Key users and Process Owners to ensure that functionality and configuration meets evolving business requirements
- Work to ensure BAU changes and 1st to 4th Line support is seamless and adapt flexibly to meet business requirements based on operational demand.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Develop & deliver training, materials, support, advice to key users in order for users to better their experience within the systems suite and improve their data analytics
- Assist in the provision and support of the developed ‘low code' applications based upon group architecture
- To develop and maintain consistent solutions across our approved application suite.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive data/information
- Build and maintain workflows and process automation
- Support other Business Systems Analysts and leads during the resource intensive phases of their projects.
- Own the BI Solution Architecture, Replication Wearhouse and secure data sets used by Power BI Key users and customers to drive performance in line with Group ICT governance.
- Create and own a suite of secure data sets for all systems that you make available to Key users in the production of their reports.
- Testing and modifying new data sets and reports created by Key Users to ensure that that they operate reliably, and changes do no disrupt operations.
- Maintain analytics software in the back end, ensuring data is coming through correctly
- Develop and update BI process maps that form the basis of the system Architecture and configuration.
- Lead data interface requirements to ensure they are implemented, maintained and controlled, leading to less reliance on our replication Wearhouse to draw data together.
Specific Key Skills - BI
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar or related role and similar system
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to analyse complex situations and effectively solve problems and drive an excellence culture.
- Experience of ICT systems, technical development, testing and system implementation
- Understanding of GDPR and good practice of complex data management
- Significant experience of successfully working with a variety of stakeholders and able to communicate complex information simply
- Experience of Dynamics Navision, iTrent, SharePoint Online Office 365 and other systems in our suite.
- Ability work with the wider Group ICT function in the efficient and seamless support of the system.
- Pragmatic approach, able to balance the ideal with the reality of what is needed today.
- Demonstrable ability to thrive in a complex, rapidly changing and demanding Globally integrated (but not centralised) business environment.
- Knowledge of low code and process automation platforms such Power Platform & Nintex
- Experience of reporting tools, such as PowerBI, SQL, Data warehouse and ETL solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.