Data Scientist Location:
Houston, TX, USA
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston for a Data Scientist role in the Digital Operations Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal and external customers. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and executing undirected research and tackling open-ended data problems related to AI, ML, predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques. This individual is also responsible for collaborating with various teams and providing periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in the formulation of key business requirements to be solved, rationalizing the various analytical approaches to solve those problems. Finally, this position is involved in helping to develop, analyze and draw conclusions, and presenting the results back to business users. Depending on the candidate's qualification, this position can be either a Data Scientist or a Senior Data Scientist.
- Researches and assesses next-generation technologies for data-driven solutions in production operations
- Designing and building Deep Learning architectures for computer vision and video analytics applications
- Generates innovative ideas, establishes new research directions, and shapes and executes on technical projects
- Applies theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems
- Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization
- Works with business and engineering teams to implement robust and scalable industrial software solutions
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility
- Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports - Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events and conferences
Qualifications and Requirements Essential qualifications
- Master's degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied science, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing core machine learning algorithms and computer vision applications in professional research and development settings
- Familiarity and experience with latest advances in Deep Learning technology
- Strong background in some of these listed areas: machine learning, time series analysis / sensor processing, deep learning, optimization/operations research, text analytics/NLP, computer vision
- Demonstrated experience in building and applying machine learning / predictive modelling in real-world use cases
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- PhD in the disciplines above with 2+ years of relevant multi-year industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of developing deep learning models using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.
- Understanding and past experience of Oil and Gas domain is a plus
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale) is preferred
- Track records of past publications in relevant topics
- Immediate availability is an advantage
- Ability in designing distributed and parallelized algorithms
Other skills and abilities
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.