Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for a Quality Lead to join the Operated Assets team.
The Lead will manage the application of quality principles, systems and measures and the quality management system across the Duty Holder, O&M and Decommissining projects within Operated Assets. Focused on improving delivery efficiency customer satisfaction and reducing potential risks and rework whilst complying with Quality policy, standard and delivering agreed objectives.
Ensures compliance with the Wood Business Management System and compliance through a structured assurance program.
Supporting measures that ensure predictable delivery and continuous improvement using performance data to make factually based decisions. Engaging and presenting program/project leaders with information and data to enable preventive interventions.
This position has a broad scope and applies across numerous Operated Asset contracts with both asset management/operational and project-based responsibilities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Supporting the management of all aspects of Quality across the breadth of their respective organization and the services we provide.
- Identification and regular engagement with key stakeholders (Client, Service Line, Technical Directorate, external bodies) to promote quality management and gathering feedback on performance.
- Support the effective planning and allocation of resources (including people and budgets) enabling delivery of agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Implementing the Wood Business Management System (BMS) across their organization ensuring that its application is effective and that compliance with the system is routinely monitored, assessed and improved as necessary. Facilitate external BMS certification as appropriate.
- Lead the definition, planning and implementation on annual Assurance activity across all three service areas ensuring scope is reflective of activity and scope risks.
- Ensuring consistent and effective implementation of Quality supporting systems across their organization (e.g., NCR, Progressive learning and Customer satisfaction systems).
- Audit enactment - supporting the quality team in pusrsuit of assurance program plan attainment
- Supporting tenders and proposal activities for their organization in support of service line growth
- Monitoring and analysis of delivery performance data, regularly reporting themes and trends to senior leaders and undertaking intervention as required.
- Gathering and acting upon customer feedback ensuring action is taken to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/diploma or local equivalent in Quality management, project management or related discipline. (desirable)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body. (desirable)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or equivalent. (desirable)
- Formal training in recognised root cause analysis techniques. (essential)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant experience. (preferably in associated industry)
- Comprehensive understanding in industry standards. (ISO 9001, ISO 19011 and associated Wood Standards)
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High Level of communication skills in both written and spoked format.
- Proficient in the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques .
- Leads by example.
- Excellent planner and organiser.
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player.
- Empowers others to make decisions within established parameters.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.