Skills: Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brownwood, Texas, United States
This posting is intended to collect candidate information for Halliburton's talent pool, and is not considered an application. By completing the candidate profile, recruiters will have visibility to your information in order to contact you for a future related job opportunity. In addition to providing your information on this posting, we encourage you to create a Job Alert within our career site. The Job Alert allows you to select search criteria for positions that match your interest(s). Once positions are posted that match your search criteria, you will receive an email notification.
This opening is for a position in the technology department of Sperry Drilling which is a Halliburton PSL (Product Service Line). Sperry has a complete line of downhole tools for drilling and logging while drilling (LWD) that are designed to withstand the most extreme drilling environments while still making laboratory grade measurements.
- The candidate will participate in developing and sustaining of electronics used in Sperry downhole tools.
- Candidate will work under the guidance of electrical engineering leads but will be expected to work independently on electrical engineering tasks.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in analysis, design, testing, characterization, qualification, troubleshooting, documenting, and design reviews for new and existing electronics designs
- Additional responsibilities include periodic reporting of planned and completed development activities, providing estimated completion dates, and prompt reporting of issues.
- This includes communication with different groups including project management, immediate supervisor, electrical and software groups, and other team members, etc.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design, simulation, and analysis
- Understanding of common analog circuit design building blocks and components
- Experience with sensor acquisition systems circuit design, simulation, and analysis
- Understanding of common acquisition system circuit design requirements, building blocks, and components
- Understanding of digital communication circuits and systems
- Understanding of power supply circuits and control systems
- Experience with using standard electronics lab equipment
- Experience with Matlab and Python for data analysis and programming
- Experience with PSpice and Simulink for circuit / system simulation and modeling
- Requires a minimum degree of BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Opportunities may exist in multiple locations.
Additional Locations for this position:
Requisition Number: 127838
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
PSL: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.