Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
This position will initially support a nickel project in Asia. Other projects Wood is currently delivering include critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, across Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects. This is a full time role with an immediate start required.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will undertake duties including, but not limited to:
- Electrical system design responsibility
- Ownership of Electrical Schedule and planning
- Responsible for production and/or review of deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations
- Assurance of tender & supply for all electrical equipment
- Review and where required approval of work by others
- Management and mentorship of a small team
- Working closely with the design team to achieve successful model review outcomes
- Liaise with other disciplines, clients and vendor representatives
Skills / Qualifications
To be successfully shortlisted, you will have knowledge across the mining industry which is second-to-none. Your 8 to 12 years of experience will include recent work within an engineering company. In addition, you will also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering
- System Modelling knowledge in ETAP
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- HV/LV Switchgear MCC
- HV Distribution
- Packaged equipment
- Lighting design
- Familiar with IEC/IEEE Standards
- Familiar with NEC installation Standards
- Chartered Engineer Status or working towards chartership
- Effective communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
Please note only those with valid working rights in Australia (Citizenship or Permanent Residence) and are currently in Perth will be considered. If you have immediate plans to relocate to Western Australia, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you are a Senior Electrical Engineer, we would love to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.