Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Be part of the Nabors Early Career Development (ECD) program to fast track your career! This rotational program will provide access to advance your knowledge and skills in high-profile roles within the ECD program. You will start as a full-time QA Test Engineer in Digital Technology. The ECD program offers multiple 6-month rotational training in key areas of digital technology during the initial 12-18 months of employment, to help build your knowledge and career development. The QA Testing team will execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure quality of control systems. Responsibilities include reviewing the system specification, creating detailed test case documents, implementing changes to the automation test scripts, testing and identifying bugs. Responsibilities will also include tracking quality control metrics (e.g., defect counts etc.). This role plays an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before the commercial product launches to ensure that the controls software runs smoothly on all Nabors rigs. Ideal candidate should enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems. Learn from real life business exposure in the oil and gas technology industry to take your talents to the next level. Be part of the Nabors team. Position based out of Houston, TX
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Integration testing of controls code software release in a simulator/office environment.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and incorporate the details into test cases.
- Review Controls code software and any related deliverables to extract test cases.
- Develop and execute automation test scripts.
- Identify bugs and subsequently record, document and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers) to resolve bugs.
- Perform white box and black box testing.
- Perform performance and/or security testing.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Investigate and report the causes of non-conforming software.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Ensure that QC systems are updated and kept up to date.
- Ensure that the controls code meet the required quality standards.
- Write utility functions in Python, PowerShell, Java, C/C++, Labview, or other scripting or programming languages
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) or Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related coursework.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle either in traditional waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, presentation skills and organizational skills
- Effective project management skills (task identification, prioritization, and documentation)
- An appreciation and commitment to safety leadership
- Solid comprehensive problem-solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask and work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to generate research ideas
- Test management expertise
- Experience in writing automation scripts
- Experience in actual software development projects
- Familiarity with development using IDEs
- DevOps, or CI/CD (Continuous Deployment /Continuous Integration) expertise
- Cloud Expe rience is a plus
- Various SQL databases including SqlCE, PostGres, Oracle and MySql
- Full stack development in AngularJs, HTML5, and MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of PC hardware and operating systems & networking
- Autonomy- Level 1 (Work is closely supervised with limited discretion)
- Problem Solving- Level 2 (Solves a variety of easy problems of limited scope and complexity; refers to policies and practices for guidance)
- Business Acumen- Level 1 (Very limited understanding of how the business works in terms of strategic perspective, financial acumen and market orientation; errors do not have any effect on the organization)
- Accountability- Level 1 (Effectively plans ahead to meet commitments, prioritizes time/workload effectively to deliver quality results and efficiently manages workload)
- Leadership- Level 1 (Organizes and leads the team; ensures day-to-day activities are smoothly performed. If not acting in a leadership role, demonstrates leadership some qualities.)"
- Relevant certifications in programming and test management or automation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- Occasional travel to rig yards and field
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs