Manager of Shop Operations Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?Are you passionate about Quality in Manufacturing?Join our Baker Hughes Bently Nevada team!
Baker Hughes Bently Nevada offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. Our team takes ownership in managing the manufacturing division.Partner with the best
Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives for the Transducers/Fabrication team within the Bently Nevada Minden facility. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization. You will manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As a Manager of Shop Operations, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing cell/group leadership in the attainment of goals and commitments with respect to compliance, safety, quality, fulfillment, and cost.
- Directing process/product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization.
- Ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality, & compliant manner.
- Monitoring & improving cost productivity through Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Ensuring assigned employees are aware/comply with all Baker Hughes government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Selecting, hiring, training, developing, and providing ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel.
- Fostering employee engagement and ensure that business and operational goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Managing expense and investment budgets to meet business operating plans.
- Encouraging employee involvement to achieve excellence in EHS, customer service, quality, fulfillment, inventory management, and productivity.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management, or related discipline to support supply chain operations from an accredited college or university and/or 5+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Have minimum 5 years' experience of progressive supply chain related experience including a minimum of 2 years' experience leading and managing others.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have solid interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Have knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government and other customers.
- Have knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems.
If this role is based in the United States, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago, and Guyana, as part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.