Skills: Editor, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Wood is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer/Editor to join our Growth & Development Proposals team. We have a full-time career opportunity for an energetic, resourceful, and motivated individual to support proposal development for a global engineering, construction, and consultancy firm. This individual will support Proposal Managers in the preparation and production of large, complex, and/or strategic proposals and presentations primarily for the Federal Government sector.
In this key role, you will work closely with proposal managers, capture team, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other staff to write, edit, and produce winning proposals. This position is open to any US location. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of the Federal proposal process, can quickly adjust to deadline-driven proposal development schedules and requirements, and displays the professionalism to provide premier customer service to internal and external customers.
Wood offers consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialized power services to our customers worldwide. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/ infrastructure, mining, and oil & gas.
- Coordinate, write, and/or edit proposal sections and documents, including editing technical content for tone, clarity, consistency, and competitiveness
- Author assigned sections of proposals and presentation materials, specifically compliant project descriptions and resumes to enable evaluators to easily assess Wood's relevant experience in performing work of the same type, magnitude, and complexity
- Analyze and interpret customer requirements (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, etc.) to determine required responses and identify relevant reuse materials.
- Interview internal SMEs and write assigned resumes and/or sections of proposals
- Develop and maintain collateral such as project descriptions, resumes, and standard proposal sections including supporting plans and appendices.
- In coordination with assigned Proposal Manager, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Support the creation of data calls to subcontractors and internal resources.
- Coordinate with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate clear, visually compelling graphics
- Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes assuring accuracy and quality
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field from an accredited university required
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated professional experience writing Federal Government proposals for environmental remediation and compliance, architectural and engineering, and consulting contracts
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to organize complex information into logical and compelling communications.
- High attention to detail with the ability to write, rewrite and edit technical and non-technical text to meet RFP criteria while maximizing clarity, logic and readability.
- Ability to interview SMEs for resumes and project descriptions ensuring past experience, skills, and areas of knowledge are relevant to the specific RFP requirements
- Ability to provide clear, concise instructions to technical and other operational professionals to acquire needed data
- Flexible to change with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects; adjust to shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, and last-minute requirements
- Aptitude to learn new processes and software applications
- High proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, specifically MS Word (styles, templates, paragraph numbering, linking and importing graphics) and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Sharepoint and InDesign
- Commitment to Health, Safety, Security & Environment through compliance with all policies and procedures and completion of all required training
- Ability to remain calm in situations of adversity and quickly pivot as business requirements dictate
- Capability to work well as part of a team with a diverse set of personalities, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.