We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.Job Summary:
The HSE Specialist is responsible for supporting local management in establishing and continuously improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture within the worksite.Relationships:
Directly reports to the HSE Manager, GTC & the Caribbean.Responsibilities:
Candidate's duties may include the following:
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Develop managers' awareness and ensure HSE policies and standards are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist line management with: Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE objectives; liaising with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assessing local risks; generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
- Advise management on corrective actions required.
- Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
- Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
- Advise management on the level local HSE compliance with Schlumberger, local and host country regulations.
- Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings and HSE audits.
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel through communication, training and promoting involvement in HSE programs.
- Recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Review database to ensure that logged data is correct and up to date.
- Analyze HSE trends for the location.
- Conduct yourself and carry out all duties with the highest level of confidentiality and professional integrity.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Minimum of 3-4 years industrial and/or service industry experience
- Sound knowledge of compliance with regulations associated with OSHA and EPA
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.