Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Fabrication, Welding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- The Offshore Welder position requires the person to demonstrate the ability to weld on piping and/or structural as directed and per Acadian (or customer) Welding procedure requirements, work efficiently and productively throughout workday, report to work on time and as scheduled and maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers and supervisors. The Welder is ultimately responsible for their quality of workmanship and productivity.
- **Use Pipe Cutting Machine, or if Machine is Busy, use Beveling Machine to Cut Pipe to Required Length
- Upon Completion of Every Weld, Welder is Responsible for Cleaning and Applying Stencil/Stamp (3/8" from every Weld). Note: Vessel Fabrication/Welding requires that the Weld is Marked the Same Way, except the Stencil has to be put every Three (3) Feet of Weld Length
- Communicate with the helper/rigger as to which piece of Material or Equipment is needed for Each Project Task.
- **Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and heavy hammer.
- **Straightens warped or bent parts using sledge, hand torch, straightening press and push pull physically.
- Ensure an accurate oxygen and acetylene bottle count is submitted daily to offshore management
- Ensure all welding activities are carried out in accordance with Company policies, class requirements and regulatory laws and regulations
- Ensure an accurate inventory of consumables is maintained in order to facilitate all repair work, modifications and general fabrication
- Perform welding, flame cutting and associated tasks as required
- **Assembles and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing soldering and threading joints.
- Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
- **Ascending/Descending stairwells with/without tools and equipment, frequently
- Plans pipe system layout, installation or repair according to specifications.
- Reads and understands blue prints and ISO's.
- **Demo and install of handrails and grating on platform
-Embrace, lead and demonstrate "Acadian F.I.R.S.T." - Vision & Mission Statement as fundamental core values.
-Demonstrate implementation of the proactive safety processes (JSA, Time Out & TEAM BBS Observations) to achieve an incident free work place and advance our safety culture.
-Adhere to all "Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Management Systems Manual" policies, procedures, safe work & best practices guidance as well as regulatory and client site specific policies and procedures.
-Make a personal commitment and be accountability for the HSE results, driving towards achievement of HSE goals. Support your team members by coaching, mentoring others to achieve the desired results.
-Accept and improve when coached and mentored to improve on HSE processes demonstrating ownership of the results of process implementation.
Must have 2 years MINIMUM experience offshore construction
In order to do the job, the following physical requirements are necessary:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally pull, push, carry, or lift tools, equipment or materials 50 lbs. or less
- Ability to withstand occasional bending, squatting, or crouching
- Ability to frequently handle (hold, seize, grasp, turn, etc.) tools, equipment, or material
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, to include cold, heat, and humidity
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds